So, what's new here? Well, let's see. A few weeks back I came up with the idea to make a list of snacks to post on the fridge so that when the inevitable 'what's for snack?' question comes up, I can tell them to pick something off the list instead of vainly trying to come up with something other than a cookie. Not sure why I hadn't thought of making a list years ago. I make lists for everything else. Anyway, it's working. We are now choosing better snacks more often. Not all participants are necessarily happier, but that wasn't the point. Wanna know what's on the list? I'll tell you, and if you have any more ideas to add to the list, could you let me know? Much appreciated! Nothing grand here, but this is it:
cheese and crackers
celery and peanut butter (my current favourite - the more peanut butter, the better)
fruit
carrot sticks (or just a peeled carrot, if you're like some around here and don't mind a sore jaw)
trail mix
yogourt
applesauce
crackers and hummus (homemade, with peanut butter as one of the main ingredients, of course)
popcorn (cheapest option here, even when made with real butter which is the only way to make it IMHO)
ricecakes and peanut butter
I remember that as a kid one of my favourite snacks was two saltine crackers with peanut butter sandwiched in between, squished together until the peanut butter came oozing out the holes. It's high time someone came up with a good GF cracker that will do that. Really. I suppose if you're handy with a drill...? Never mind.
All this peanut butter talk is making me hungry, so it's time to change the subject.
Sigh. Now there's two things I shouldn't talk about. Two of my current loves. Now what?
Perhaps I should go and do something.
Eating celery with peanut butter is doing something, isn't it?

P.S. A while back someone kindly sent me an email to say hi and introduce themselves. Somehow that email got deleted and I neglected to respond. I'm so sorry about that. Please accept my apologies! I'd love to hear from you again...





5 comments:
Carmen, great idea, to post a potential snack list! We like the same snacks here too. And I agree... the *only* way to eat popcorn is made with real butter... the *only* way!
I'd *love* to be your "friend" on MyFitnessPal! I'm joyfulmomofmany there...
Have a wonderful day, my friend!
~susan
mmmmmmmm.......peanut butter! But do you know how many calories are in a peanut butter sandwich?! :(
My boys received their letters yesterday-so fun!! And they have suggested a couple of Fridays that we 'go to the Harkes' this weekend'. Needless to say, they had a blast :D
You can add me too on MFP. My username is DaniDW
I'm not on fitness pal but I do love peanut butter.... A LOT!!
I loved reading your snack list. I am a list maker too. I made a list last year for PE for the younger ones. They loved it. Each day they did something different with an older sibling.
Snack ideas...
graham crackers and milk
raw coconut balls
apples and caramel
pretzels
homemade trail mix (m&m's & peanuts)
granola bars
yogurt
toast
I put our hungriest child in charge of snack time. He would come up with ideas and then prepare the snack daily for everyone. It worked out great.
Happy Fall~ Cinnamon
And me too....my user name is nifer80
I love the mfp!! It is so nice to be able to track food and exercise!
Post a Comment