But on to nicer things.
Unlike most places, our area has been getting an abundance of rain this summer. The crops in the fields look amazing, and my garden is doing really well.
Take a look at the beautiful Fibonacci spriral formed by the sunflower seeds. A perfect pattern put there by the Creator. :)
I've decided that I should grow zinnias every year. They don't ask for much, bloom like crazy and don't mind being picked and brought indoors.
This summer's project is to put new siding on the house. Gerald's been pretty busy, so Leah and I have been working on it. It's a crazy job - like knitting in that if you make a mistake at the bottom, you have to take out everything you've done after it, fix the mistake and then do the work over again. I've had it happen a few times that the siding wasn't pulled up tight enough and came unlocked. One wall we've had to do two and a half times. It's a frustrating thing. Besides that, you have to be very particular in your measurements and angles, and I'm a give-or-take-an-inch kind of person.
Break Time ~ the wall on the right was the first we completed. The other wall was done by Gerald last winter.
My right-hand woman. :)
But we have three walls done, so that's something. We started on the side of the house where we rarely need to go - so any imperfections will be less noticable. There are a few places that could have been done differently, but it's all pretty level and I'm quite sure it will all stay in place now, so I'm happy. Next I hope to start the wall by the back door where the original back wall meets the addition. We walk past there everytime we go in and out, so I better get it right, hopefully the first time.This picture (above) made me cry when I downloaded it the other night. Notice the darker line about a third of the way from the top on the left side? That's from siding that wasn't pulled tight enough to stayed locked together. I didn't know about it until I saw it on the picture. We redid that wall yesterday. I've learned to check for that on every row before going on to the next.
A few weeks ago I did was searching for some preschool activities and came upon this video about Lambert the Sheepish Lion. If your kids like Bill Peet books they'll love this, and you'll probably hear them singing the catchy little song - and I bet you'll be singing it, too!





5 comments:
Wow! Beautiful garden! The sunflower is amazing.
Good work on the siding..it looks nice! :-)
Wow, your garden is even more abundant than when we were last over. Love the zinnias.
It has been RAINING here!!!! We are so thankful. I think we have had close to 3" in the last 24 hours. Yahoo!!!! God's grace abounds.
Cindy
I am super impressed by your siding project! The house is going to look brand new when you're done :)
Wow, what a project to be working on! You girls are amazing!
My husband is doing a bit of siding too, so I'm sending him the link. :)
look's nice carmen !
i bet your house really look's good now it's done !
take care !
ruth
Post a Comment