Most of the drywall is up - just the closets in the basement need to be done yet. On Wednesday the taping will begin, and should be finished the following Monday. Then we (Gerald and the older girls, certainly not me) can paint. Sometime soon the tile will be installed. The kitchen installation is booked for August 2. Now I will say it. I can't wait!
It's a little awkward to have someone working day after day, for weeks, in your living space. I'm sure that it goes the other way, too, for Jerry to have so many people in his work space. Today he brought his radio, and I'm sure it was not because he finds it too quiet here, lol. He's getting to know our family pretty well...he knows which person won't get out of bed in the morning, what we eat for breakfast and who's been asked to help Nadia in the bathroom. He hears the bickering and the silliness and a zillion other little details that people outside our family wouldn't know. He keeps his opinions on these things to himself.
We've had plenty to do while we are waiting. Most days there is something that can be done on the house - insulating, pulling out nails and staples from the floor, taping the typar or helping to hang drywall. Of course, we've been swimming a lot, and on Thursday we went blueberry picking.
We went at this time last year, and the berries were at their prime. This year they were just starting to ripen, so it took longer to pick the amount we wanted, and we ended up buying a box of frozen ones, which were actually cheaper than the ones we picked ourselves since they were from last year's crop.
When Gerald found out that we got three kittens, he gave me a look across the dinner table that said, "Three? What were you thinking?"
I was thinking about our lack of success in keeping cats, and was hoping that by starting with three, maybe one would be a keeper.
And three is three times the fun. They are so comical when they are chasing and play fighting. It was a challenge to get all three on one picture. I had to chase them around and around until I had all three in my hands, then tried containing them in the tub. Even then, Allison had to distract them with a piece of string to stop them from jumping out again.
And so, another week has flown by. It is Saturday evening and the baths and showers are finished. Little people are tucked in their beds, their best clothes set out for tomorrow. The house is reasonably clean - as clean as it's going to get under the circumstances. I have a few more things to finish up before the day is done, and I'm hoping to sneak in a few more chapters of Charlotte Mason before it's time for lights out.
Wishing you all a blessed Lord's day.





3 comments:
I thought I didn't like cats. You've changed my mind. Those kittens are ADORABLE!
I love witnessing your renovations and family life during the upheaval from behind my screen. What an adventure!
Those little monkey (I'm mean kittens)!! The are adorable.
I am so glad the reno is going so well and that you can count down the weeks and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Can't wait to see it, but I guess I will have to :)
Cindy
Love the kittens! We also have trouble keeping cats out here in the country with owls, hawks, vehicles, etc. We had one cat last year who had two kittens - both female. This year we have an additional seven kittens. We now have 10 cats!! Yikes!
I just found your blog today - I'll be stopping by again!
Post a Comment