A picture of me with shorter hair. Still not sure what to think of it, myself. I had brought a picture of what I wanted in to the hairdresser and in all fairness, I think she did a pretty good job. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, though. She has a painted rock sitting in front of the mirror that says, "I'm a beautician, not a magician. This is a comb, not a wand." So you can't say I wasn't forewarned, lol. But I'm working with it, and every day it turns out a little differently, and I'm liking it more as time goes on.
If you are familiar with Dutch tradition, you'll know that today is Sinter Klaas. The kids have been bouncing off the walls for days. In an attempt at keeping sane, I've been sending the boys outside, only to have them come back in plastered in mud. I'm not sure which is worse. The older girls have been so helpful in keeping the little ones occupied and reasonably calm by playing games with them. Last year we decided that we should add making a gingerbread house to our family's tradition. This year's version was a bit of a ghastly affair, a kind of haunted gingerbread house turned icing avalanche. Gotta work on that icing-glue recipe.
My hat's off to anyone who can piece one of these things together and have it looking as good as it does in the magazines!
Its looks won't matter too much when it comes time to eat it.
Chocolate letters are already half eaten, pepernoten are being munched on, caramel corn is in the oven to be snacked on tonight while watching a movie...and just for today I'm ignoring the sugar counter over at MyFitnessPal. :)





8 comments:
Carmen, I *love* your hair! Love it! My hair is super-thin, so I find myself very limited in hair styles... but I'm thinking that I might do something a little bit different when I get my hair cut in a few weeks.
I think your gingerbread house looks fun! Great memories, for sure! (And I wouldn't worry about MyFitnessPal for today either!)
Dittos - You look beautiful! Of course you looked wonderful before too. Why did you decide to cut your hair? Wish my hair would lie that flat when I cut it that short.
LOVE your gingerbread house. We just bought one today. Your description was great "haunted gingerbread house" :-)
I'll put up pictures after we put ours together :-)
~Cinnamon
Hi Carmen
I love your new haircut ~ it looks wonderful!
I had to smile at your children's house ~ it looks like our gingerbread houses do ~ yummy!!
Have a wonderful week
Blessings
Renata:)
Carmen - your hair really suits you, but I know what you mean by having to re-learn how to do it and feel good about it. :)
Ginger bread house looks yummy and sticky. You know, we have NEVER done a ginger bread house! Maybe this will be the year...if I can find a gluten free recipe that will work.
Jenny
Oh, I LIKE the haircut!! It suits you so well!
Was thinking of you with all this mud/rain/snow happening (though I must say, we have been having quite a bit of sun :)). Not sure mud is better.
Cindy
Thanks, all, for the kind comments. Funny thing - if you have curly hair you wish it would lay flat and if you have straight hair like I do, you wish for a few curls or at the very least, some body. As for the why...I came to the conclusion (after several kindly intended comments ;) that a chin or shoulder length hair style suits my face shape better than long hair. Just gotta work with what we've been given, right?
Jenny, I emailed you a link to the gingerbread recipe. Anyone else need a GF version? I can post the link if more are interested.
I, too, think your cut is attractive on the new, thinner you. :)
Enjoy your celebrations!
I think your hair looks fabulous! I noticed it at church on Sunday & think it suits you so well.
It's funny because I am probably one of the few people who doesn't complain about my hair. I think the only time was in Grade 8 when it was picture day & i wore it down for picture day. The boys said it looked like a lions mane. But that's the only time I remember complaining. It is naturally curly, but also works straight. I love that I have the opportunity to change it up from time to time, as most people don't have that choice.
Post a Comment