Another week has come and gone.
* Monday was Value Village's 50% off sale day. We were there bright and early as usual. I managed, after several waits in the fitting room line-ups, to find a few things that fit. This week I reached my weight loss goal, so this sale came at just the right time. I've shimmied down a few sizes and now the girls and I could share clothes. I'm not sure they are as excited about that as I am. Ha! I never thought I'd see the day!
*We ordered siding for the addition. Finally. It took us a long time to come to a decision. At first we were going to try to match the rest of the house. But we aren't really keen on the colour (light grey) and the siding is not in really great shape anymore. So we picked a colour called Storm - a darker grey with subtle green tones that gives it a warmer look. That means that we are committing to re-siding the rest of the house, hopefully sometime in the next few years as time and funds allow.
*We bought lamintate flooring for the basement. So when the weather's too miserable to work on the siding, there'll be a project to work on indoors. It'll be nice to get the new part of the basement finished and usable. The house will feel so much bigger with the rec room and two more bedrooms.
*That all happened Monday.
*We're enjoying the view of the sunrises from our dining room windows. Yes, there's a lot of windows to clean, but worth it!!
*The rest of the week was less eventful, but no less busy. Life is full.
*I can't remember what day it was, but it was so warm out that I was told I had to get outside and enjoy it. Most of my walks are after supper, in the dark. Walking in daylight on a beautiful day is a treat! Isn't this the cutest of nests? Can you just imagine the little bird babies getting lulled to sleep by the swaying of their cozy home? And to think that it was made by a creature using just a beak and feet. Wow!
*I got my hair cut on Friday. Like REALLY cut. I'm still getting used to it and have to learn how to style it to my liking. I may post pics once I get it figured out.
*Sinter Klaas is fast approaching and there are lots of secret projects in the making, and quickly wisked out of sight when someone walks by. We've tried out a few recipes for GF/DF pepernoten. Today's test batch worked pretty well although the spices need to be tweaked a little. If we manage to come up with something close to the real thing, we'll post it here!
*It's bedtime. Good night.





5 comments:
~Carmen, *love* your new dining room! Love! We get to see the sunrise from the sitting area in our newish kitchen and I *love* that as well. The more windows, the merrier, in my book!
Congrats on reaching your weight loss goal! That is so, so cool!
Hope you have a fabulous coming week!
Ooooo...pepernoten (or however that is spelled)! I really, really, really want to make these this year (gf). Please do post your recipe!
I always feel encouraged to get some new clothes - I too was at Value Village last week (but not on sale day). I found some nice maternity clothes - and I had gone down a size too! I couldn't believe it! :) It made it easier to find some nice things. As for ever sharing clothes with my girls...probably not as Emily is x-small and about 5 inches shorter than me! ;)
Your dining room looks very welcoming and very easy to use for many large-family events and projects. I would enjoy having lots of windows too (and I would have to clean up lots of finger prints!)
I look forward to seeing your new hair-do. :)
Jenny
The windows definately look better this way. Great decision.
I, too, am looking forward to the pics of the new hairdo :).
We have been enjoying the wonderfully warm weather too. Now that it is cooler, the turkeys are meeting their demise.
Cindy
I love the name "storm" for your siding. Sounds perfectly wonderful.
Sinter Klaas....I love that!
Your dining room is beautiful. LOVE your windows :-)
~Cinnamon
Post a Comment