Just a veeeery quick post, mostly pics. It's been busy - and fun! A number of items on our summer wish list have been checked off already. Let's see...the kids have been in the pool nearly every day, we've had a picnic or two, seen fireworks and went to a tractor pull. And we went camping! Yes, at last, after six years! And the best part - it went so well I think we could do it again. :)
We did lots of relaxing - sleeping in, hanging out at the campsite and playing on the beach. We were active, too, with biking, hiking, and swimming.
We 'tented.' I actually prefer the airy feeling of a tent to the stuffy, closed-in feeling of a trailer.
The bike trailer came in pretty handy, although these two were a little crowded. :)
Until Thomas, with some help from Daddy, learned to ride his two-wheeler.
The day after we came home, Justine graduated from grade 12 and Meghan from grade 8. Congratulations, girls! Well done!
I know everyone says this, but it really does seem like a short time ago that we made the decision to home school, and now our oldest is finished! Sometimes in the everyday it seems to go slowly and suddenly you find yourself at the finish line. ~ "The days are long, but the years are short." So true. It's a reminder to make every day and year that we have with them count.
1 comment:
Haha ... I had to laugh at your description of the tent being airy and not stuffy. You must have gone on a week with lots of wind and not so hot weather as that far from describes our tent when camping.
We just came back from camping, the weather was reasonable, a bit warmer in the afternoon but not terrible ... the tent was a sauna ... if you needed to get anything or to change you made a mad dash in to do what you had to do and came out feeling like it was cool and fresh outside when only minutes earlier you were complaing it was hot. Now I will say the nights weren't too bad ... I always hate that damp feeling in the morning, unfortunately I'm not sure I like that humid feeling any better.
Post a Comment