It's been fun studying history with the boys. They've been soaking in the stories of the Trojan War, Alexander the Great and the Romans' defeat of Carthage. As their imaginations take them speeding across time and around the world, the dirt hill is used for battle scenes, as a pyramid in need of defence from grave robbers, or as the Swiss Alps being crossed by elephants.
*****************
We've had a busy spring...so much going on and I'm not sure I'll be able to post even a fraction of it here. But in the meantime....
It's popsicle season! :)
The school books have (mostly) been put aside for summer's activities. I have a hard time adjusting to a slower pace. I feel a little lost when I'm not super busy. Summer has it's own busyness, but it's different and I always feel out of step for a while. I've been chipping away at small jobs around the house and it feels like I'm not getting anything accomplished. I'm a very task-oriented person, so this has been unsatisfying. But my garden is doing well, and we've been enjoying fresh spinach, lettuce, beet tops, radishes and herbs for quite a while already.
Thinking ahead to the next school year, ordering books, and making a summer schedule and list of jobs to do is what I'm working on now. We've made our 'Things We Want To Do This Summer List' ~ a tradition here, and it's always fun to see how many of the wished-for things we actually did. Some things we put on knowing that it will be very unlikely to happen, but it's fun to dream, right? And you just never know!
Here's this year's list:
*get a trampoline
*watch TV
*go in the pool
*get a four wheeler
*make Cars II come true
*make crafts to sell
*read interesting books - LOTS of them
*finish making a jean quilt
*go camping
*go canoeing
*have a picnic
*go water skiing
*see fireworks
*go yardsaling
*decorate bedroom
*paint girls' bedroom pink
*go to used book sales
*ride an elephant
*go to a tractor pull
*go to see Uncle Clarence's plane
*go to see World War II ship at the harbour
What fun things do you hope to do this summer?





5 comments:
What a great list!!! It is such fun to dream.
Love the colored tongues!! Enjoy the slower pace, make your list so you can scratch off what you have done and enjoy all those little people (and bigger ones of course).
Cindy
Love those popsicle tongues!
We hope to go camping, finsh up our front porch, go swimming, clean my windows!
I want to ride an elephant too! or maybe not.....:P
that's a great list!
And I just thought of something-I'm pretty sure that Smithville has a tractor pull on Labour Day weekend! That one might work out :)
We're still doing bookwork (the two oldest) and gardening.
But I would want to ride an elephant too, and I want to go on an outing every single week. :)
We'll see what kind of a list we come up with next week. In the meantime, the little ones and I are going swimming. :)
Post a Comment