Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hey there...


These hamsters are hilarious.  They love dark, close spaces.  Pockets are just perfect.


Nadia 'uvs them.


They're curious and love to scout around, checking everything out.  Not too sure they're helping to keep minds on school work, but they do make it more fun.


All was well until one crawled into the coil of one of the books (not the notebook coil on the picture, lol, a much larger one.)   It was so funny to see the elongated hamster body, stretching its way through.  He had no trouble getting in, but the coils narrowed towards the centre.  Then he stopped, and we were afraid that he was truly stuck.  I didn't want to sacrifice the book to remove the hamster, but the thought of leaving him to expire was completely unacceptable.  With a little gentle nudging we got him to back out.  Phew!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my!! It really looks like the little mouse that just ran across the floor in my room less than 15 ago. I never jumped so high in all my life.

You have a beautiful family. Just happened upon your blog.

jennstar said...

I have allowed much more in the pet department than I had originally planned to: we have birds, fish and a cat. We have had dogs...NEVER AGAIN in the house! Anyways, hamsters were one critter that I said "NO" to. Not because of the mouse connection, but because of their prolific multiplication. That should help their math out a little. ;)
Jenny