Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My kind of Saturday

We were up before the sun, with a prioritized list of all that we wanted to get done today. 


Normally by 10:30 on a Saturday morning we're just getting started on whatever was planned for the day but today by that time we'd taken a trip to the dump (hurray - more junk gone! that alone is enough to make my day in a big way), cleaned up the very muddy garage, burned the pile of sticks and twigs that had fallen on the yard over the winter, got caught up on some marking, were filling in the mudhole that is supposed to be our driveway and were washing the fourth load of laundry.  Not bad, huh?

Of course, there is always a trade-off when Gerald and his entourage of offspring head to the dump.  The trailer never comes back quite empty.  *Sigh*  In the war against clutter it's two steps forward, one step back.  Here's what they just couldn't leave behind on this trip:

 No, not the girls.  The tricycle.

I decided that even though spring is late and cold, I'm going by the calendar and washing up and putting away all the winter coats, snow pants, boots and thick mittens.  All together about a thousand wash loads, give or take a few. 


Our oven quit this morning. The cost to repair it will be more than we expect to sell the range for, so it looks like we're going to have to do some modifying of our cabinetry (think sawsall :-o) to fit the new one in.  I had been wishing I could use the new stove already.  One must be careful of what one wishes for.


The five youngest came down with chicken pox yesterday, right on schedule.  So far it's been going well...no fevers and only a smattering of spots. 

The other day after Allison had her braces adjusted she was sipping a smoothie for lunch.  Thomas wanted one, too, but I told him that only Allie could have one because she had a sore mouth.  He kept asking for one, so I told him that he could have a smoothie if he got braces.  He answered, "But I'm a MAN and men don't get braces!"  Heehee...he had just turned four the day before, and in his mind he's pretty much grown up. :)

Chocolate milk, anyone?

No?
Me neither.

I'm on a dairy-free diet.
What's your excuse?


3 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

Great minds think alike :). I managed the sheets and blankets this week also!! This means that Esther is showing signs of becoming a "normal" baby - as in predictable. Soooo nice. We sure enjoyed this past week - it was sunny everyday. It sure put the spring in everyone's step. The tramp is now up, so no more bouncing off the walls here :).

Cindy

Derrick & Jeanette deBoer said...

Wasn't Saturday just a glorious day? I did lots of laundry, too. We sat outside (in the sun and out of the wind) and had coffee. The girls played outside for more than an hour.
All the best with the chicken pox. Wish my girls would get them done and over with. Maybe next winter....
Jeanette dB

Cinnamon said...

Ummm, yes me too, I'm on a dairy free and GRASS free diet :-) hee hee

What a great feeling to get so much done. Our little town has a spring clean up every year. We get to put all our junk out with the trash and the city takes it away for free. I love it!!

Love all the cute pictures~ Cinnamon