Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The best kind of fun...

Is close to home...


And free...


And in the great outdoors. (And it helps when you have a whole family of friends to enjoy it with!)


As soon as I came to the ice patch, Thomas had to show me that he had learned how to skate! 


Wowzer, he caught on quickly, and now there's only one left to teach...


And it's my dream that once she knows how, we'll take a second trip to Ottawa to skate on the Rideau Canal. 

 I'll admit that with this odd winter we've been having and the mild weather, I've caught myself wishing that we lived on a nice, neat lot in town with NO MUD and no mess.  But I've come to my senses again. :)



Sadly, the day after we skated it was mild and then the rain came again.  But it was fun while it lasted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We, too are having a very mild winter....the children are longing for some snow or ice. Looks like so much fun....LOVE the pic of all of your shadows!

Unknown said...

Carmen, what *fun* to get to skate like that! When I was little (that makes me sound old! LOL!), every winter it was cold enough to freeze the small lake behind our house and we would build a bonfire on the island and have *so* much fun skating! I distinctly remember how scary the cracking sounds that the (very thick!) ice would make as we skated across it was....

We are having a super-mild winter here as well! Last year at this time we had already received 23+" of snow, this year~ a grand total of .04"! And day after day after day of 60 degree weather~ in January! So strange!

Your photo of your family silhouetted on the ice with the sun flare~ *awesome*! Definitely should frame that one!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

~susan

Vanderpolclan said...

There is nothing like skating outdoors, is there!! We are enjoying the mild winter - just enough snow for the kids to have fun in, and little enough not to have to shovel.

Cindy