Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Day...

Began with a sunny pancake breakfast at home...





Gerald went to work, taking the family van since the work van was (is) in mid-repair, leaving us home bound.  The kids had no trouble coming up with something to do.  After a spelling bee we went outside for a game of tug-of-war...



And because the weather was so irresistably beautiful, Gerald cut his work day short.  We spent part of the afternoon at a nearby park, where a downed tree created a wonderful playground...



It was one of those days that didn't take much planning, but worked out to be an enjoyable, relaxing time.  I had stopped by at this park twice before with the kids, but Gerald had never been there, and somehow it's always more fun when he's with us.

8 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

That is one big tree!!

I love the light shining in the dining room - nice and bright and cheery.

The siding looks great too, BTW :)

Cindy

Anita said...

I love that you have enough people under your roof for a spelling bee and for a tug of war! :-D Looks like a very fun day...there is nothing better than free outdoor fun with the people you love most!

Anita said...

p.s. Nadia's haircut is adorable!!

HeatherVMS said...

Sounds like a wonderful family day!

Ingrid said...

sounds like a great day! We went hiking at Beamer Falls-and the boys were quick to say "just like with our cousins!"
I love the picture of Emily with Nadia :)

Cinnamon said...

I love the picture of the two girls on the tree. So sweet.

Yes I agree, it's always more fun when Papa is there too!

~Cinnamon

jennstar said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing day. I can't believe how big that tree is! What kind is it?

Carmen said...

Jenny ~ I believe that was a beech tree - not unlike one we have next to our driveway that has a simliar rot issue that will have to be taken care of sooner than later.