I catch myself wishing that we could just ignore the issues and eat like normal people ~ whoever that is and whatever it is that whoever that is eats. ;) But, on a better day, I'm just thankful that there is hope that someday we'll get this all figured out and we'll feel better because of it.
Meanwhile, the rest of life continues on at its usual pace. Gerald finished the siding on the addition - woohoo! The last of the addition projects is finished. What a nice feeling to not have anything urgent on the go (unless you count the work van that's in mid-repair...) Not that there aren't any projects looming...just less urgent ones so we can take a bit of a breather and not feel so much pressure to push on.
The colour is really a bit darker than it appears here. It's a dark gray with green in it - giving it a warm, earthy tone. We're really happy with it - it has a crisp, clean look contrasted with the white trim.
Of course, seeing the new siding on this part makes us want to get the rest of the house redone sooner than later. But all in good time, right?
Yesterday was Family Day, and I was pretty sure that the one thing I didn't want to do was search for and try out new recipes, so we didn't. I'll post pics of the day next time.





3 comments:
Your home is lovely Carmen. I really like the siding. It does look crisp and clean.
Eating - oh how I can relate. I think the one BIG thing I am thankful for is that we are all eating the same way. I like that a lot!!
~Cinnamon
You have all my sympathy regarding the food issues. We're in much the same boat over here, and it takes willpower not to think about all the 'normal' eaters out there who can grab any food in the world and just eat it. :-D Sigh. I'm just thankful my family is adaptable and not picky about more flopped dinners than usual! Once you get some really good dinners figured out, can you post a recipe now and then?
The addition looks great!!
You guys aren't abnormal-you're extraordinary :) I can see how it gets frustrating some days though...
And look at Nadia getting so big and grown up--our babies are getting older. (William is toilet trained now too-yay!!!)
Thanks for the updates-I love checking in with you here!
Have a good day:)
Post a Comment