Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family Pictures...

If attempting to get a family picture with everyone looking their best, at the camera, and with their eyes open isn't frustrating, I don't know what is.  But on Sunday we gave it a try.  Out of about a zillion shots, this was the best we got... 


 Only Thomas and Nadia aren't looking. I could try to correct that with Photoshop. Or I could just keep it this way since it is more realistic.  

I actually prefer these, which are more realistic yet... :)


  



And the same shot as the first, with a different effect.  What do you think?


We're now convinced that we should get a professional to do it for us.  And then we can go through the trouble again, only I won't have to make a mad dash to make it into the picture. :)

10 comments:

stacy said...

Looks great to me!
After our 5th, I had a terrible time trying to get a decent Christmas picture. I emailed them to my SIL and she wrote back, "Congratulations, you now belong to the 'too many kids to have them all look good in a picture' club". I think you may have reached that a long time ago. But I actually prefer the ones where someone is crying or making a funny face. (as long as it isn't me) ;)

Vanderpolclan said...

I like the first one. Gerald looks like a general in the second one, not SURE what Meaghan is doing.... and Justine looks like she is about to elbow someone good :) Yup, just a normal family picture :)

Katie Schouten said...

love it!

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

You have a beautiful family, Carmen! It must be so fun to receive your Christmas card in the mail and open the envelope to see 12smiling, well dressed, loving people staring back at you!

We still have to get our family picture taken. The only thing is, I'm pregnant and at this stage (17 weeks) I think I still look more fat than pregnant so I'm tempted to just do one of Charity instead! :-)

Heather said...

That would be tough to get 12 smiles all at the same time! I like the first option better than the last: it's a bit brighter and cheerier!

jennstar said...

I think your picture turned out wonderfully. We always get so many of the "setting up" kind as well. Funny - but it is those the kids like looking at later!
Jenny

♥ Amy said...

Fantastic job for using a self-timer! I like the realistic ones, too. And look at all those girls who have outgrown their mama! :)

Rob said...

Regarding the 2 pictures, they both look great, but the modified one strained my eyes instantly.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARMEN! (yes, it's 12.01 a.m.)

Vanderpolclan said...

I really like the pictures on your sidebar of the kids. Great job!! And, yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

oh I remember the painful moments of family picture time... and I don't there there is such a thing as having everyone looking and smiling all at the same time, even if you get someone to take the picture for you! :)

~Lydia