~ at last!
Last week there was a major storm that hit just east of us, yesterday a storm hit just west of us. Both times we missed out, only getting a bit of snow. But we woke up this morning to lots of snow. Hurray! The boys have been wishing for snow since we closed the pool back in September.
Well, they got what they were wishing for and cheerfully spent some time clearing the driveway - with the help of their sisters, of course. It doesn't seem that long ago that Gerald and I would get up extra early and clear it before the kids were even out of bed. Now we don't have to do any of it. We've *arrived.* :)
The kids aren't the only ones who like playing in the snow. Casper was loving it.
And then there's this lazy beast, forever napping near the fireplace. The kids decided that she needed to experience winter, too (her name is Snowflake, afterall), so they took her out for a while. She was not impressed. ;)
I confess that I spent my day inside, enjoying the view through the windows, only popping out the front door for some pictures.
From which side of the window do you enjoy a fresh snowfall?





4 comments:
Beautiful pictures Carmen! I absolutely LOVE winter! The cold, the snow, the hot chocolate, etc. And I am so thankful that we finally have snow! It's great your kids can shovel for you now;o) My dog, Squeakers loves the snow too, just like your Casper. So fun to watch them!
I enjoy snow from both sides of the window, Carmen! You just wait until the sun comes out, and you'll be out there, too. :)
Thanks for all the lovely pictures.
Annie Kate
I love your new header, Carmen! and the one of you and Gerald on your sidebar is beautiful!
Your pictures are all lovely.
I also enjoy winter from both sides of the window. I love walking when it is snowing. It muffles the daily noise and makes everything look so fresh - even ugly things take on beauty with a dusting of snow over them. I love the warm, welcoming lights coming from the windows on a cold winter night. Then when I had inside, I like warming my cold hands around a warm cup of tea and enjoying that first hot sip as it slips down and warms me from the inside - making me shiver with the delight of it.
Being out in the cold fresh air clears my senses to enjoy pleasures more fully. :)
Jenny
Hello Carmen~ Thank you for stopping by. I love your new look on the blog. so cozy.
All that snow is wonderful!! We keep hoping for more snow but we've only had bits of snowflakes so far.
So good to stop by again~ Cinnamon
Post a Comment