Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm not complaining...

...because I'm really happy that the work is being done, but doesn't this label seem a little misleading?


 That's what it's like outside the room.  And inside...


Gerald's response ~ "You should see what it would look like if I used the regular kind." 

Hmmm.  I can't see how it could be much worse, but I'll take his word for it.

On a prettier note, I'll finally give an update on the question of what colour to paint Emily and Nadia's room.  We decided that since the room was small it should be one colour, and we chose a soft green.  It was painted a long time ago, but my mom just made this quilted window topper, so now the room is comlete.


With just a tiny bit of fabric left from the quilt, she did a great job of putting it together, incorporating both the theme of the quilt and the additional colours in Emily's blanket and comforter.
 

My mom is very particular about her work...every detail and stitch has to be perfect.


It's beautiful ~ thank you, Mom!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Trust me, Carmen, the other kind would be much worse! The dust control type makes the dust all fall straight down to the ground, so it's contained. The regular kind is airborne, so it gets ALL OVER THE HOUSE through your vents! Terrible stuff... but worth it to have renos done!

Anonymous said...

Carmen, I love the contrast in this post! The girl's room is adorable! I detest renovations because of the mess and disorder....but it will be so worth it in the end. Keep up the blogging, it is a joy when you show up in the blog reader :-)
Sue K.

TBH said...

Good job, Joanne! I knew she was good, but wow, she is a master (?) quilter!

Vanderpolclan said...

Wow, your mom did a wonderful job (as if I have seen any other kind from her). Absolutely beautiful.

Cindy

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

You're mom made that quilt?!?! It's BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the bright colors and the fun little details. Wow!

Does she sell them? I can think of a little girl who's getting a new bedroom in a few months and a mother who's running our of time... ;-)

jennstar said...

The quilt and the window topper are truly beautiful. The details are perfectly done!
And the green you chose for the wall is perfect - bright and cheery and ties everything together. :)
What a pretty room to grow up in.
It reminds me of when I was about 15 my Mom let me chose some wall paper and paint for my room. I chose some white paper with little pastel hearts all over it. Then I wanted the rest of the room painted semi-gloss white. I guess I was contrasting the matte cream color of the rest of the house. ;) It was fun to be able to choose something all my own. :)
Jenny

Carmen said...

Hi Jacinda,
I'm pretty sure she doesn't sell them, although I think she's thought about it before. It would be pretty hard to put a price on one since they are so time consuming....it would end up being way more than most would be willing to pay. Makes a priceless gift, though, and one I sure do appreciate.

Cinnamon said...

Carmen, I was so relieved to read that you did not make those beautiful curtains. I would have had to stop visiting your blog due to pure jealousy :-)

They are beautiful!!

Happy New Year~

~Cinnamon

Anita said...

Wow, that quilting is incredible!! So creative and so finely done! How fun to receive it as a gift!