Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's only Monday...

It's been a long day.  It started out with a flooded basement.  Having planned to start potty training Nadia, I expected it to be a wet week, but a flood wasn't quite what I had in mind.  We got things pretty much cleaned up, the water leak has been stopped and a new sump pump is in place.  I had been hoping to get a chance to give the basement a good cleaning/organizing/dejunking before the kitchen tear-out begins this spring, and now I have the opportunity handed to me.  How nice is that?


Then when I went to add last week's expenses to my spreadsheet I discovered that it no longer exists.  Neither does last month's record, or the modified templates I had saved.  No amount of searching the files produced any record of them.  Strange.  But as they say, things turn out OK in the end.  I had a paper copy of last month's totals, and most of this month's info still on hand.  I was already planning to create my own personalized spreadsheet whenever I could find the time. It would seem that now is the time.


This evening we were treated to a drama presentation by the homeschool highschool group to which Justine and Allison belong. (Or should that be the highschool homeschool group?  Either way it's awkward.)  They all did a great job showing us the neat things they've been learning.

Leah's been taking sewing classes and here's her latest project, to be completed by next Friday when it's a little somebody's second birthday.


Needless to say, with all the extra activity of the day, we did not introduce the potty.  We've delayed that excitement until tomorrow. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Carmen, just popping in to let you know how much I'm enjoying your blog~ you are so funny and I think we are like-minded in many ways~ thanks for the glimpse into your life. (and for making me smile!)

Cinnamon said...

Lovely little dress. Soo cute!! Ohhh no about the basement being flooded. This past year our whole town had flooded basements. Not fun, stinky and moldy :-p

I agree with Joyful Mom of Many, thanks for the glimpse into your daily life :-)

~Cinnamon

Annie Kate said...

Oh dear, what a day! Have you caught up after all that and had time to introduce the potty?

I'll never forget the time we bought a potty for our third child. She was so thrilled with the potty that she put in on her head as we continued our shopping, travelling through town with a stroller.

Does Nadia like it that much?

Annie Kate