And a really awesome stove, too. But first things first.
I won't deny that it was a little disappointing to wake up to snow on Friday morning. It was beautiful, though. And it kept Gerald home for the morning, which I think was a pretty fair deal. :)
Poor little Nadia woke up at around 5 a.m. not feeling well. And on her birthday, too. :( While we ate some scrumptious pancakes, she slept soundly on the couch.
By mid-morning she was up and seemed to be feeling better. In time she got to open her presents. The dress was a great success, fitting her perfectly. She was a little exasperated with the paparazzi (aka siblings with cameras) and by the time we got the dress on her she would not tolerate any more flashes in her face. So you only get the back view...
No less successful were the chocolate 'cuppycakes'. The little monkey managed to blow out her candles without any help.
Yum!
So, in the end she did have a good birthday. :)
Who could've guessed that after Friday's crazy weather, the kids would be running barefoot outside today?
Well, I guess anyone who knows my kids would guess that one. I don't know where the pleasure comes in, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves, even insisting that the ground wasn't that cold.
Not cold, huh? So,Warren, why are you wrapping your feet in the dog's warm fur?
If you're not convinced yet that my kids are a little crazy, read this note that Meg left for herself when it was her turn to make Gerald's lunch for the next day:
"Meg ____ has to make Mr. ____'s lunch tonight after consulting him on the issue of how many sandwiches he wants since there is a container of the most delicious macaroni salad (made by the wife of the owner of this stately home) basking in the coolness of the refrigerator that is at this very moment abiding in the kitchen of the _____ home where Mr. _____ along with his wife and four and a half dozen children live."
Can you figure out the riddle of the four and a half dozen children? :)
And now for the most thrilling of all things (to me!)....my new stove. New to me, at least, and a dream come true.
Isn't it beautiful? I. love. it. At least I think I do. I haven't used it yet. It's parked in the garage, waiting for us to build a kitchen to fit it. :) It's a 36", six burner, dual fuel range with a convection oven. I can't wait to try it out. It will be wonderful to be able to cook supper and fit all the pans on the stove at one time. And the oven....it's huge. :)))
We're being normal for a change and taking March break when everyone else is, just because. It was so nice to have time to get the day's work done and still have time to relax and do some fun things. We watched Heartstrings and loved it. It's funny and quirky, but with a message that's real.
Hope your week is off to a great start, too.






7 comments:
I'm glad that Nadia felt better and could enjoy her cuppycakes! Our children would have such fun with yours .... And no shoes required, either! (I'm not nearly as tough that way!).
Your new oven looks fabulous! That's really the only thing that I would have done differently on our kitchen remodel. I do have a double convection oven that I *love* (when it's working, that is), but only four gas burners. I didn't anticipate how often we would run out of space With multiple large pots. I'm sure you will really really enjoy that new stove! Yay!
Carmen~ Thank you for your help with rosie. Most of our children have had infant acne (yuck) but this looks worse. Plus it spreads. I know the picture didn't do it justice as it's redder and worse in person. Plus it just feels sooo dry :-( Today I was completely dairy free and she only spit up once :-)
Love the new oven. You'll use every burner with joy!
Barefoot~ yes some of my crazy children are already walking the streets with no shoes :-0 Crazy!
Nadia's dress is adorable. Happy birthday lovely 2 yo - hope you are feeling better soon ♥
~Cinnamon
Oooohhh, I love your stove too!!! Although I don't need 6 burners as much as you do :0) Enjoy!
I am so excited to see how your kitchen comes along....and that STOVE! I am sure you will love using it! To have room for big pots on the top for canning, etc will be lovely!
That little dress just suits Nadia! I am glad she was feeling better for her birthday.
The pics of the kids playing outside are fun. We are all itching for spring!
Jenny
Awwwww Too bad Nadia didn't feel well on her birthday. Unfortunately, Laura didn't either. :-( Oh well, such is life.
Jeanette deBoer
Happy birthday to Nadia!
And happy 'summer' to your barefooted tribe.
Annie Kate
I agree. It is beautiful. I can't even imagine!!
Post a Comment