Our family has four and a half dozen kids.
Can you explain that? No, we have not adopted and we have not invested in goats (yet).Waiting for the water to boil so Mommy will make some tea.
Our addition plans are moving along slowly. We're going to have to step up the pace a bit if we hope to be ready. The builder hopes to start by the end of April ~ only 1 month away! We almost have our kitchen ordered. Just a few more details to be figured out and then they can start building it. It will be roomy, the idea being that many hands will be working there together. I should remember to take some before pictures so that once we are nicely settled into the new kitchen, we can look back at the old one and just be that much more thankful. There are a lot more decisions to be made for the rest of the addition and we are still trying to come up with a workable plan for how to exist while all this is going on. Not only will we be without a kitchen and laundry room for an unknown period of time, we'll also be without septic for a while. That complicates things even more. :P
Waiting and singing.
In the next few weeks we will be celebrating a birthday, getting chickenpox (maybe - we've been exposed and the five youngest have not had it yet) and going on a little holiday for two, and perhaps, if they don't all get chickenpox the first time around, we'll get a second round of that.
Enthusiastic singer. :)






9 comments:
Carmen! Are you expecting?!!! Yay!
re kitchen additions: Wow! You are in for some exciting times, for sure! As I think you know, we did the "live-in-the-house-while-we-add-on-to-the-kitchen" addition thing a few years ago. We had temporally non-functioning septic~ wow! What an adventure *that* was! (perhaps your builder will have a *clean* porta-potty that you can use when the septic is not connected?)
But now, I must tell you, from the other side, I *love* our new kitchen! Having space for everyone to hang out and help is such fun!
Have a wonderful week!
We figured it out this morning - you have 4 kids and 6 kids, making 10 kids all together !!! So, is the prize that you are coming to visit ?????? or some Lindt chocolate would do......
Keep resting...
Cindy
Oh, and while you are renovating.... it makes a really good time to visit friends that have space for you ....... they will provide facilities for washing clothes and people and warm meals and a place to sleep .....
Cindy
I thought four(boys) and a half dozen(girls)!
If you get the chicken pox, can you share??? I'd love for Katie it get them!
I was thinking along the same lines as Cindy, but reading your comments, I would say now that Heather's guess is even better.
Such sweet pics of your baby girl singing! :)
I caught on to the 4+6 kids :) How fun to say!
I am very excited to see your kitchen progress. Just like almost every job, in order to make improvements, you first have to make a BIG MESS! If we lived close enough, you could come over to use OUR outhouse. ;P
Jenny
OH! I forgot the most important thing: WHAT A CUTSIE SINGER!!!
:)
Four boys, six girls. I think I got it the first time I read it, but didn't pay any attention to the fact that it was a riddle.
You are all so clever. :)
Susan ~ No, I'm not expecting, as wonderful as that would be!(sigh)I've seen (pictures of)your new kitchen - it looks lovely. I especially love all the light that comes in. It looks like a great place to get together and make delectable food and fun conversation.
Amy ~ little people singing is such a sweet joy, as you would know, I'm sure. :)
Jenny ~ you have an awesome outhouse - one of the first things I thought of, actually. We won't likely come up with anything nearly so quaint, but we'll be sure to think of your upcoming adventure every time we head outside for some business. :P
Cindy ~ Maybe a visit AND some Lindt chocolate. Mmmm...looking forward to it already. Could you move your house a little closer so it's a little handier for doing laundry? Or should we just hang out with you for two months?
Heather ~ I've had a number of requests to share and I'm considering charging for each kid that comes through the door. We could make this chicken pox thing profitable. :0 You are welcome to come (free of charge:)...I figure they should start breaking out on Saturday, but there are no guarantees. The best time to catch it is just before they break out...but you don't know for sure when they will start. Just let me know. :)
Karen ~ hi!! It's been a long time. At first I didn't catch on to your identity but the cross-stitch should have made me think of you right away. Actually, my first thought was, "This person likes the same sort of projects that my mom would do." :)
Post a Comment