Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Sweet surprise...

Imagine my surprise when the mail carriers pulled into our driveway to drop off a parcel (yes, they are kind enough to bring parcels right to the door rather than just leave a notice in our mailbox) for me...


I could guess right away from the wrapping that it had to be from Holland, and then I knew who it was from.  It had to be from Ruth, a sweet friend from early school days who has sinced moved to Holland.  She must know that I have a weakness for chocolate and Dutch candies...

 The kids were ecstatic to find all the goodies inside.  Mmmmm! 

And these slippers...how Dutch can you get?  Hilarious!! I have to laugh every time I look down and see them on my feet.


Ruth  had emailed Justine to find out my shoe size, and so they fit perfectly!  They are cozy warm.  Now I won't have any excuse to complain about how cold our bedroom floor is, and I won't have to borrow Gerald's below zero socks either. :)

Thank you, Ruth!  That was a lovely surprise!

5 comments:

ruth said...

your welcom
i really would have loved to see your face when you saw the wooden shoes hahahaha

take care
ruth

Anonymous said...

I love parcel days, and often my parcels carry much the same 'needed' supplies as yours did, maybe not the true authentic from Holland kind, but we greatly enjoy them non-the-less :)
the slippers are so fun, I used to have a pair of them, and I loved the comments people made :)

~Lydia

Annie Kate said...

What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! Friends are truly a gift from God!

Annie Kate

Vanderpolclan said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! I'm sure all of it will be greatly enjoyed. Love the slippers. They look very warm and comfy.

Cindy

jennstar said...

How special! Love those slippers. :)
Jenny