Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Look Back

I don't know about you, but the weeks just fly by for me.  Sometimes I'm asked how my week went, and I can't even remember what we did to give any kind of intelligent response, other than to think that if nothing bad comes to mind, it must have been a good week. So I've set out to make a brief record through photos.

So, here goes for last week...

Monday ~ I resolved to get back into shape.  A fifteen minute work out to get each day started, and at least one power walk every day.  So far, so good, thanks to a terrific husband who encourages me by joining me even though he gets plenty of exercise already from working.


Tuesday ~ Having read this post, the kids managed to convince me that it was a good day to take a break and not do any extra work.  It was a beauty of a day.  We spent a good part of it outside and had a blast playing in the knee-deep leaves.  Took hundreds of pictures, but this one will suffice.


Wednesday ~ Another day off.  This time to get something accomplished.  We made 25 cards, five each of five different designs.  I wish I would tell you that we had a wonderful day.  But I confess that while I'm trying to be creative, all else gets ignored, and so laundry gets washed but not dried, messes get made and not cleaned up, I forget to plan anything for meals...and that makes me grumpy. :(  However, we did enjoy doing them and now we have a stash of cards on hand...and I'm not feeling so guilty about all those card making supplies sitting unused in the drawer.


Thursday ~ Remembrance Day, and another day of beautiful, warm sunny weather.


Friday ~  yet another gorgeous day.  Went for a power walk and got distracted.  One of the reasons I love my camera so much is that with it I can capture those simple but precious, beautiful moments that would otherwise go unnoticed or get quickly forgotten.  I couldn't pick just one picture, so bear with me...


A testimony of God's creative design...beautiful!




 Saturday ~ Leah's handiwork.  She is the hairdresser of the family.  My little girlie is actually growing hair!! I love how she likes to run strands of hair between two fingers.


 A few more from Saturday ~ these really have nothing to do with our week, other than that we spent some time on the highway on Saturday to visit Gerald's mom.  When we first saw this way ahead of us we thought, "Hey, that looks like a guy standing on the back of that trailer."


It is a guy...and he's headless!  How weird is that?!


It was a great week. :)

1 comment:

Vanderpolclan said...

I really, really like your pictures of the seeds flying. A wonderful display of God's handiwork. Have a great Friday!!!!

Cindy