Nadia's most common phrase lately is, "I do dat."
This wouldn't be such a bad thing if she didn't insist on sucking her fingers and playing with her hair between every single messy bite.
Her messiness usually necessitates a bath. And since she loves baths, it's kind of like getting a reward.
Another common phrase is, "Wan' tea. Wan' tea." She repeats this until someone acknowledges her request by asking, "Do you want tea?" And then she says excitedly, "Okay," in a tone that implies that you just offered it to her. It makes it pretty hard to say no.
Lately she's been having fits when it's time for bed. She goes to bed at the same time as the boys, and joins them in their room for their bedtime Bible story and prayer. Then while we are tucking the boys in, she crawls in with them and snuggles down. The fit starts when we pull her out to take her to her crib. She knows she'll be missing out on the fun the boys will have together once the door is closed and the lights are out. The other night she thought she'd outsmarted us by crawling down to the foot of one of the boys' beds, thinking she was out of sight. Her shape wiggled with glee under the covers until we tugged the sheets loose at the end of the bed and pulled her out feet first. She looked up, dazed and disoriented and then, realizing where she was, she howled and tried to scramble back onto the bed. Tonight she surprised us by running down the hall to her room. When I got there I found her in Emily's bed, pulling the covers up to her chin.
I think she's trying to tell us something. Our baby is growing up.






6 comments:
She is a little lovey. I love seeing her at church with her fingers in her mouth. (o:
I keep forgetting to tell you that I really like your header picture. It is so beautiful. Your big family is such a blessing!
She sounds like quite the little character. :O) I can understand how the boys room would just be so much more fun! Growing up is so bitter-sweet, hey?
always get a kick out of her!
I agree with Belinda-the picture in your header is beautiful!!!!!
That is soo funny and messy and cute :-)
I love ~dat~ too, our little one says that a lot. Don't you just love it?
Babies are sweet in all their fits and growing spurts. It is hard to say no to those sweet little dumpling cheeks.
~Cinnamon
Wow! When did she grow all that hair? I know about that bed time problem - William has been wanting to join the older kids in their beds at night.
I love the haircut!! She does look sooo much older this way. I guess she thinks so too.
Cindy
Post a Comment