Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's so cold

Do you find yourself longing for spring?


I don't know why, but winter is starting to feel   l  o  n  g. 
 It's still January, but my thoughts have been going to

gardening

warm sunshine

flowers

sand

the pool



Normally the weather doesn't get to me. 
 I love all kinds of weather.
 Winters here are so short and mild compared to up north, 
 and this winter has been beautiful, with just enough snow and cold to keep things fresh-looking.



I think I know what my problem is.  I've been lazy and hardly ever make it outdoors. 
It just looks so cold and inside the house it's pleasant and warm. 
Gerald and I have let our evening walks go by the wayside.
  It's hard to get motivated to walk in the cold and the dark. 
 I know that's pathetic. 

 I need to get out and breathe in that frosty air. 

 I need to remember to take each day and enjoy it for what it is.








Each day is a gift. 

Enjoy.
P.S. Check out Allison's new blog Every Day is a Gift.

4 comments:

Annie Kate said...

Yes, each day is a gift. I've been so blessed to be under orders to get a certain number of steps every day. It gets me outside and that is such a joy. Just put on some wind-proof pants, and get outside when the sun is shining. You'll love it!

I love your photos as always. What a beautiful blog you have!

As for This Was John Calvin, here's the response I posted on my blog:

I've been pondering its reading levels. Personally, I loved the book and benefited from it, so it is suitable for adults. The publisher suggests age 12 and up, and I think most teens could enjoy it. Veritas Press says grade 4, but they always give ridiculously low ages for books. I do not think it is suitable for such young children to read on their own.

As a read-aloud, with Mom being able to edit and explain as she reads, the beginning of the book might be beneficial for young children. By the end it is definitely beyond little ones.

I hope this helps!

Annie Kate

Carmen said...

Annie Kate,
Thanks. The older girls have read it already, so perhaps I will give it a try with my middles. I usually try to pick something of general interest, but that is getting harder as the olders are at such a different level than the littles.

Cinnamon said...

I love all the pictures of everyone outdoors. So much fun to be had everywhere!

I'm not thinking about winter being long yet. I have too much else to think about. Hopefully by the time I get around to thinking about winter, it will be spring :-) hee hee

I don't venture out either. Ground is way to icy for this pregnant Mama. I'm lucky get outdoors twice a week but I'm warm and that's a good thing :-)

~Cinnamon

Annie Kate said...

So Carmen, are you giving your kids a snow day? I'm undecided right now.

I'm planning to go outside in the storm, though. You don't have to cancel your walks, you know, if it's not icy. :)

Annie Kate