Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

The problem with not posting for a while is where to start when you do. The holidays are past and already we're back into routines. We did take time out for fun and visiting during the holidays, but it feels like we mostly worked. Someday we'll figure out that a holiday means taking time off and relaxing. We did accomplish a few things, the most exciting thing being getting the master bedroom finished.

The kids were told they could have holidays if they kept themselves constructively occupied. I know, (wince) we are slave-driving parents. Or maybe it's just that we're somewhat experienced ~ we know what happens when there's too much spare time.






With the wonderfully warm temperatures we enjoyed last weekend, our snow disappeared, and this snowman went with it when he was only one day old...




A sweet moment...


Here's my babylicious nephew. We're starting to feel a little baby deprived here and he's just perfectly snuggable. Too bad his mommy is so attached to him, or we'd have taken him home for sure.


I realize that I have not posted many pictures of our 'baby.' She doesn't make photography easy. She's either running away from the camera or doing this...


Almost any picture I get of her, she's got that same pose, plus or minus a few banana stickers with which she decorates herself.  And then there's that crazy hair that goes in every direction. I'm thinking of trimming the back to give it some shape but I can't imagine her sitting still long enough for me to get a snip in. And I dread to think of what she might try once she's seen scissors being used on hair. This girl has a preoccupation with scissors already.


She's talking a lot these days. In a short time she went from two-word sentences to almost full sentences. She has a name for most of the kids:
Justine - Deedee
Allison - Ayee
Leah - Ea-ah
 Meghan - Peetah (?!)
Emily - Emmy
Warren - no name yet
Brent -Bent
Gavin - Gabby or Gabin
Thomas - T-Tom
Herself - NaNa or Na-ee-ah
But mostly she says, "I wan' Mommy!"
And she wraps her arms around me for a big snuggle.
:)


Happy new year, everyone!

5 comments:

jennstar said...

Your holiday edict sounds familiar...we don't like what happens when there is too much spare time either!
Our kids didn't have much time to get carried away this time, as we spent the holidays trading around two different flu bugs. That kept us all occupied and eliminated anyone from getting too frisky with their spare time. ;)
Jenny

Mel said...

T-Tom is a beautiful name! ;O) And Petah...hmm...might add that one to my list! :O)lol

Cinnamon said...

Oh I love all the pictures! Your family is absolutely ~beautiful~ Carmen!

We totally took time off for the holidays. On the second day of no schedule and no school the kids started not behaving constructively. It really does not take long does it?

I told them "go find something good to keep busy with OR I will keep you busy" I didn't have another problem after that :-)

Love the update~ Cinnamon

Annie Kate said...

Love your pictures!

We kept busy, too. There's always so much to do and enjoy! And we also struggled with some flu bugs.

As for reading, if I read a book during the day, I'm lost, too. That's why I basically stopped reading for several years: I always felt terrible afterwards.

Now I read in the evenings when I'm too tired to do anything else, and occasionally on Sundays.

It makes a huge difference, though, that I no longer have little ones. Wait until you're older, and you'll be able to read to your heart's content.

Annie Kate

Emily said...

I can just taste that carrot nose! ~yummy~


Your daughter Emily