Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Gavin's 5th Birthday

He's a  handful now.  (Of fingers, that is!)



Gavin has assured me many times that he would never leave me.  But today he left home...


...to go on a dad-and-sons campout with friends. They'll be sleeping in tents, roasting marshmallows, cooking outdoors, and tomorrow they plan to do some canoeing and fishing.
 

The three oldest are at a Junior Young People's event, so that leaves me home with just three girls.  It's quiet.  And weird. I think that I've not only gotten used to the noise and activity of twelve, I've grown to like it.

Remind me of that tomorrow at around 1:00 when they are all back home again. :)

2 comments:

Jonathan and Denise said...

Wow. I bet it is quiet! That's fun for the boys that they get to go camping! Brent was telling me at track and field that he really wanted to go camping but that he had to wait till there were no babies in the family:) I thought it was cute:) I bet after this they will really want to go again. Fun times!

Vanderpolclan said...

Happy birthday Gavster!!! WoW 5 already. You are becoming such a big boy. I am sure you will all have fun camping with Dad!!

So, what did you, Carmen, do with all that quiet? How many cupboards did you clean???? Or did you actually enjoy the quiet time?

Happy birthday to Allison today!!! You and Mark are no longer the same age :)

Cindy