Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A pioneer birthday...

Yesterday was Meghan's 12th birthday.  If you know Megs at all, you'll know that she is an affectionate, resourceful, thoughtful, sensitive, motherly tomboy.  A fun mix. :)  We've often said that every family needs somebody like her.

We had a few friends over and the girls lost no time getting into full regalia to play in the pioneer house together. 

Sharing a meal...


A few shots of the inside furnishings...

The young ladies...

The cake...
Looks good enough to eat, doesn't it?

Meghan was born almost four weeks early.  This was a real surprise, considering I'd gone way overdue with both Justine and Leah.  It was a lot of fun calling friends and relatives to tell them because no one was expecting to hear any news so soon. While in labour we were talking about heartburn with the nurse.  I had a lot of heartburn in that pregnancy and the nurse told me that it meant that the baby would have lots of hair.  We laughed because our babies are known for their baldness.  Then there was Megs, with a full head of dark hair!  I would have thought the nurse was playing a trick on us by switching babies if I hadn't seen the baby for myself immediately. She was definately our baby, and with her sweet and thoughtful ways she's been a real blessing to us.

After opening her gifts Meghan presented us with a gift...the book that she'd been working on for the past few weeks.  A cute story...
Preparing to give something to us on her own birthday...that's so Megs.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Can I come play!? That looks SO fun! :O)

jennstar said...

That is serious play going on there! The song on your playlist was "Come, Thou Fount Of Every Blessing" by Soundforth - the Smoky Mountain styling was perfect for reading this post! Very neat!
Jenny

Vanderpolclan said...

Happy birthday Megs. (we'll try not call you Megsy anymore :). Looks like you all had alot of fun in your house.

Cindy

LP said...

Our girls had a grand time. I was waiting for them to serve me a piece of that cake, but it never happened. It sure looked good!

Ben & Heather said...

She's so sweet! Happy Birthday Meghan!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes=)
Meghan
P.S. Mrs. VanDyk you should bring your girls over to play sometime.=)
Though you might wish you didn't when it's time to do laundry.(Just ask my mom about that.)

Katie Schouten said...

I have a picture from when I stayed at your place when Leah was a baby. She was sure bald! :)
Happy Birthday Megs! Hope it was a fun day! You girls are all getting so big!