Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

She passed!

Justine wrote the test and now has her G1!  She had her first lesson tonight. 
 

It's actually a scary thing that after writing a test, a person can get in a motor vehicle and drive.  Sure, they have a licensed driver with them, but there isn't a whole lot that they can do other than give advice.  It was Gerald who took her out.  They took the work van, not because the big one is any harder to drive (actually it's easier - the work van is getting to be a cranky thing) but because it would be more difficult to replace. ;)  They both came back in one piece, as did the van.  After recounting one 'learning incident' Justine told me, "I was just glad you weren't in the van!"  I don't think she said that because of my preciousness. :^{

Thus begins many years of such lessons...oh, my.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Justine!
Have fun driving :)

Emma

Vanderpolclan said...

Gerald hasn't rigged up an extra brake pedal on his side of the van?????

Have fun...... the kids were all reminding us this morning that we will be doing the same thing in 2 years .... I'm glad it is still 2 years away.

Cindy

Ben & Heather said...

Way to go Justine!

Jacqui's Quilts said...

How exciting is that eh? Congratulations to Jusine! Jake always took our kids out for their very first drive. It does get a tad easier with each kid, but just a tad!! I remember commenting to some of my friends, that I could finally drive with one of the kids without praying fervently all the way up to London and back and Tim commenting..."that might not be a good thing, Mom" LOL! Hang in there! We are in God's hands :-).

Jacqui

Lynnette VD said...

Congrats Justine!! Have fun!

LP said...

Congratulations, Justine! Our turn is coming in August when Aaron turns 16.

Rob said...

Hmmm. I'm thinking back to a 16 year old girl learning to drive in a '76 Cutlass.......

Carmen said...

Not me?! I only remember the grey Fox.