At last I'm getting around to picking out a new paint colour for Emily and Nadia's bedroom. We're working with the colours in the quilt that my mom made and gave to Nadia when she was born:
A bright pink seemed the obvious choice at first, but Emily isn't thrilled with the idea of a pink bedroom. Before she moved in with Nadia she had a room with light pink (it has since been painted purple) which she said looked like frosting, and didn't like it.
So we turned to the greens. We think we might like it...but it's a much bolder move. I'm not good at picking out colours. I need to see all the walls done before I know if it's really going to work or not. (Good thing I don't have to pay the painter...even repaints are free. :)
Which would you pick?
Blushing bride?
Or spring leaf?





4 comments:
What about doing one wall in spring leaf and the rest in the second color of the chip? That way it would not be too overwhelming. You could do the same with the pink, but if Miss Em is tired of pink, well ....
Just my 2 cents.
Cindy
I tend to like lots of color and very little clutter. :)
I would go with an light apple green (like the "iced celery" on the chip for three walls of the room and go with a feature wall (probably the wall with the window in it) a rich raspberry red...like the dark ones on the chip you have. Then you avoid the "bubble gum pink" effect (hey I just painted over pink in one of our rooms and I was very glad for the change!). There is a lot of that darker raspberry in the quilt.
Just my 2 cents as well... have fun!
Jenny
I like the nice dark pink idea too, like the one under blushing bride, or even the next one under that yet.
When Gerald's done in that room, you can just send him over here. Lots of painting to be done here:)
Celery ice is my vote!
Post a Comment