Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

On the messy side of progress...

For those who can't be here, but wish you could share in the fun... Ha!

These first three pics were from Thursday when the kids and I started taking out the cabinets and chipping off the tile. 

  


Today's pics...

Working on taking out the wall between the kitchen and laundry room...



The cabinets are gone, the wall is out, and the drywall, plumbing and wiring are removed to be ready for the back wall to be knocked out on Monday.


Our temporary kitchen/dining room...


It's Gavin's birthday today, so while I was taking pictures of him opening his present, I thought I'd give you an idea of our present accommodations.  It's working out really well so far.  We put two sections of the lower cabinets from the kitchen in here, along with both fridges and a small freezer.  A pretty handy set up, actually. 


As often happens on birthdays, we were talking about the day Gavin was born and the events surrounding his birth...where we were when labour started (a homeschool picnic), what day it was (Saturday), and other various details.  Later Gavin said, "Mom, thanks for letting me out on Saturday."  I asked him what he meant.  He explained, "You know, when I was born...you let me out." :)

Not all the mess has been in the house...


There are times when a mom should say YES.


And there are times when a mom should say NO!

This was a YES that should have been a NO!

Still learning,

6 comments:

MamaHen said...

They look like they are having lots of fun though! I have a muddy boy picture I need to put up on my blog too.

I soooo don't envy your remodel mess, but I know the end result will be great!

jennstar said...

That mud will be a life long memory for those boys! :)
The kitchen looks great - it must feel good to get the old stuff out...but kind of funny too. I know a lot of life happened in that room.
Your temporary kitchen looks good, too. Very well planned.
Jenny

Cinnamon said...

I love your progress. That is so fun. It will be wonderful when it's all done too :-)

Oh my!ALL that mud!! I agree, mom's should say 'yes' more but when ever I look at my muddy kids I always see piles of wet laundry :-/

Love the pictures and update~ Cinnamon

Vanderpolclan said...

I think every mom should have a picture of muddy boys - it proves that we DO say yes, sometimes :).

Great progress - the garage kitchen looks just like I thought it would - neat as a pin. Great job. I'm glad it is working better than you expected.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I went in the mud too. It was fun!

Emily

♥ Amy said...

I'm enjoying watching things take shape. How exciting for you! Kristina was looking at your blog tonight and Caleb saw the pictures of your boys in the mud. "I want that, Nina," he said. "That look like fun!" Ugh, boys.
I love how you worded that - the yes that should have been no. How I can relate. :)