This will be our dining room. The picture above is the side of the room, and below is the back.
From the outside...
In the picture below the larger window (or hole rather) on the left is in the mudroom and the smaller one in the middle is in the laundry room. The small window on the second floor (the boys' bathroom) has to come out since the roof will peak there, so we're using it for the laundry room. The window that is now above the kitchen sink will be used for the mudroom.
The roof trusses will not be delivered until Friday. Jerry has a crew lined up for Monday to get them on and to put in the beam that will replace the back wall. I think I may want to be away that day, instead of watching to see if the second floor will relocate to ground level. :-/ Later this week we need to start tearing out the kitchen and taking down drywall. So, today I started packing up the kitchen and laundry room. I packed and packed and was very thankful that I wasn't moving and packing up the entire house. Gerald painted the garage this evening, and tomorrow we plan to give it a final cleaning and set up camp in there. Three cheers to fresh paint, a vacuum cleaner and a can of Raid!





3 comments:
Looking Great!! It's gone quickly it seems!! Can't wait to see the finished product!
I am so glad you went with all those windows in the dining room. It will be such a bright and cheery room. Better put a comfy chair in the corner :) I cannot wait to enjoy a good cup of coffee and some great company when it is all done.
Cindy
I sympathize with you with the disorder and upheaval of such a project...but I rejoice with you with the upcoming space and beauty of your addition. :)
The windows! That is going to make your dining room so cheerful.
An upstairs laundry is so nice. A neighbor here did that with an upstairs bath when they did their reno - and she LOVES it.
Jenny
Post a Comment