I just love this.
I came across this quote yesterday. Whenever I read something like this I'm reminded of how far we fall short as a family, but also encouraged to refocus and press on. I hope you feel encouraged as well.
"How much influence the world has over our children really depends on what standards are set at home - the standards by which the children are accustomed to measure things - and the strength of the family ties. A respect for parents, the satisfaction of learning together, a fondness for simple pleasures, good humour amidst hard work, sympathy in sorrow, and the joy of worshipping together are part of the atmosphere of a close family. Such families give the gift of unworldliness. May we all be enabled to provide our children with such an atmosphere."
~ Karen Andreola in A Charlotte Mason Companion, Personal Reflections on the Gentle Art of Learning
Love,






No comments:
Post a Comment