Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spoiled brats...

That's what we are and we know it!  Gerald took Monday and Tuesday off work to set up the pool.  By Monday afternoon the wall was up, the liner spread out and we started filling with water.  This picture was taken yesterday afternoon when the liner was finished and there was enough water to - well, not to actually swim in, but enough that we couldn't keep the kids out any longer.  With the help of a friend's water tank we got it filled all the way by noon today.  Now we just have to get the pump and filter hooked up, the safety rails installed along the top of the wall and a small deck built and we'll be finished!  But what a lot of work it was...it felt like we'd never get it done.  It didn't help that most of the work was done in extreme heat.  On Monday when we had the wall up and were inside it to tamp down the sand and form a cove around the base it was 48C inside the walls without even a hint of a breeze.  And the sand was scorching hot, very unpleasant to work in.  That same day our air conditioner wasn't working properly so we got a good taste of the sweltering heat that has descended here.  But Tuesday morning the repair man came and got it going again, and now with the pool up, the kids come in wet and complain, "Mom, it's COLD in here!" 
Like I said, we're spoiled brats.  But we don't mind to share, so come on over and enjoy it with us. :)

3 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

What a great week to have it up. We are enduring the heat, though not too well. The kids are in swimming lessons, and I get to go with Ryan :) so that helps a bit. Enjoy, and yes, we will be down sometime, I hope :)

Cindy

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Oh how fun! I've spent most of this week in my parent's pool. Thankfully, they only live 10 minutes away, and Charity loves the water just about as much as I do! Happy swimming!

jennstar said...

That looks so fun! With that kind of heat, I would be in there with them. :)
Jenny