Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another beautiful day...


I love hanging out laundry. There's something wholesome and satisfying about it. In years past I always hung it out to dry - feeling good about the money saved by not using the dryer. But lately that has changed. I almost feel guilty for taking the time to hang it out when I should be helping someone with a math lesson. Today the sunshine and my frugal side conspired to get me outside. It felt great. Meanwhile, some alarming noises were coming from inside the house, telling me I should hurry up and get back to a certain child who was....well, let's just say was not doing math.
In days past I would organize my laundry as it came out of the washer so that I could hang it up in an orderly fashion -all the pants from large to small, shirts large to small etc. By colour. Underwear according to age of wearer. I've even been known to remove a couple of items so I could add a forgotten item in its proper place. I know that's kind of eccentric, but I got a kick out of it. These days, I'm just glad to get it out in any order. I will admit to pairing socks - but that's for practical reasons.
The other day we noticed a gap in Brent's education. We hadn't taught him to tie his shoes. So this morning we set out to rectify that. It's funny how something that you do, almost without thinking, can be so hard to teach. Every time we got to the next step I'd have to start it over again to see how it's done. Brent's a quick learner and caught on right away. With a little more practice he'll be doing it on his own.

And little Miss Nadia finally got her first top tooth, four months after her two bottom teeth came in. I'm not sure when it came - I just thought I'd check and there it was. You'd never know with her. She has got to be one of the happiest babies ever. Every day is a good day with her. I can't even think of one day since she was two months old that I could call a fussy day. She's a keeper. :o)

We don't normally appreciate graffiti on the van, but we could hardly get upset over this....


4 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

Funny you mention tying shoes. After your last visit, Daniel commented that he and Brent both did not know how to tie shoes. He promptly set out to find out how. He is very proficient now.

Sick kids here today. Laundry on the line :)

Cindy

Karen said...

Yay! This is wonderful! So good to see you online!

And my laundry is in the dryer. :(

Rob said...

That cowlick.... mine has re-appeared now that my hair is getting cut a little shorter. Even a glob of moose has to wrestle with it!

Gerald, you're not supposed to blame the kids for writing on the van. Tee Hee.

It's not too often I hang out the laundry for Steph, but yes, it's all gotta be in order, bath towels, dish towels, face cloths (all by colour of course). Yes, I've taken a bunch down because I missed a towels somewhere in the pile. Are we related or what?

10 arrows. What a blessing!

Rob

jennstar said...

I too love haning out laundry and I don't think any of your habits are weird... because I do simular things. :)
The writing on the van must warm your heart! Isn't it great when kids actually look up to their parents and know that they are in love?