Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rainy Day

This is probably not the most ideal time of year to pursue an interest in photography. Cloudy skies, less daylight hours and not much colour. But I am determined to step out of auto mode, and I can't learn how to do that without taking pictures. So humour me and have a look at the shots I took this morning. I will confess that some of these are in preset modes, but I'll get it right on my own some day.

Mud puddles outdoors means either more laundry or more noise indoors. That's a hard choice for a mom to make. The troops stayed indoors today.
You can't really blame me, can you? Would you like your 2-year-old to come off the slide and land in this?


I did manage to find a bit of colour to break up the grey.


I know it's not very clear, but look who's sitting on the edge of the red leaf at the top right of this picture. An insect in late November!


This last one is a little silly. Am I getting too old for silliness? Well, call it comic relief then. Life is a serious business. I want you to try to guess what this is. And I want to know what your guess is. That means you have to leave a comment. Yes, you can and if you have stuck with me so far a few more minutes of your time won't make that much of a difference. I'll even give you a hint. It sits on my table almost every morning. Don't give up too easily. What if I told you I will send you a prize if you are the first one to get it right and that the prize is one of my favourite things? If you know me at all, you know that the prize is something edible and dark and of the highest quality. No, children-of-mine, you do not qualify for the prize. That wouldn't be fair.

5 comments:

Ingrid said...

Hi Carmen. Here's my guess-your pencil crayon container!

You know where to send the chocolate.

jennstar said...

Yep, I think Ingrid got it right... :)
Jenny

jennstar said...

Oh, I forgot to mention (just the hint of chocolate made me lose my attention span!) that I really liked your pictures. Especially the mudpuddle ones!
Jenny

Vanderpolclan said...

No fair. You should at least send two packages of chocolate :))) Definately your pencil crayon bucket :).

Cindy

Carmen said...

You are all very clever. :) I will have to make it more difficult next time.