Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Working Together

The weather was perfect on Saturday for getting some yard work done. With an early start and all hands on deck, the leaves were cleaned up by noon. Fall is my favourite time of year, and I'm a little sad when all the leaves are down and the trees are bare. But playing in the piles almost makes it worth the loss...





Nadia's first experience with leaves....what fun to watch her discover new things.
No one has developed a rash yet, so there must not have been any pioson ivy leaves in the mix. Thomas had a little run-in with some burrs...


What a nuisance those things are....and yet, what an amazing display of God's design. Did you know that each burr is covered in hundreds of small hooks and latches that are designed to stick into fur? No wonder they are so hard to remove. I think we'll be taking one inside tomorrow to examine it under the microscope.

1 comment:

Vanderpolclan said...

Wow. The first comment :) I love the pictures. Nadia is definately trying hard to figure out her world. Very cute. We do have Thomas' mittens here.