~Time to think about what books we'll need for next year. I am not a curriculum junkie and am definately not the type to devour the catalogues when they arrive. I stick to one simple catalogue and even then it is a chore for me to get through it. And at this point I'm just not ready to think about next school year...I'm still trying to find my way through this one. Nevertheless, with the convention coming up this weekend, and the free shipping on material ordered there, I really must produce a list. Every year my list has three sections: what we need, what I might like and some extras that the kids might enjoy. Mostly only the needed items make the final cut, with a few wholesome novels thrown in.
With no baby to take along this year, we are planning to be at the convention for both days. Justine and Allison are going, too, for the first time. It should be fun.
~Time to get the income tax forms filled out and in the mail. With QuickTax this should be a simple process but I'm a dunce when it comes to these things (stop nodding your head so emphatically, Cindy ;) and always manage to bungle things up and it becomes an ordeal. But I think it's pretty much wrapped up now.
~Time to plant some seeds in the garden. Getting some planted in April is a first for us. We usually just barely get it done by the 'deadline' of the May long weekend. I just got some early stuff in...peas, spinach, lettuce (is lettuce supposed to be in this early? I didn't even check. Duh.) and radishes.
If I was a good homeschooling mom I would have had the kids out there with me, but I must not be because I didn't. ;) Only this girl, and she wasn't much help...
Of course, she probably would have been happy to get right in there, only she has a mean mom who kept her strapped in.
And while we're on the topic of planting, this is what Gerald was busy with when the kids and I came home yesterday...
My first thought was to wonder where he picked up the free flowers. You see, he used to work in landscaping and whenever they had ordered too many flowers or for some reason had rejected plants he would bring them home. But he bought these just because he thought I would like them. Awww, isn't that sweet? :)
~Time for the trilliums to bloom. I was so happy to see them the first spring we were here! When I was a kid we would sometimes go for a drive just to see these sweet flowers.
~Time to go do the mending, the last item on my to-do list for today.






4 comments:
Wow! the trilliums are gorgous! Your photos are so clear! It would be so encouraging to see them blooming.
I just bought sweet pea seeds to get in (hopefully today), and I need to get some other early things in... soon.
Last weekend was our home shchool convention... I was going to post about my purchases... again, hopefully today. :)
Jenny
I wouldn't say dunce exactly, maybe inexperienced. So it is a good thing you have such a nice friend that doesn't mind to help you when you are in a bind :))))
It is not too early to plant lettuce. They don't mind the cold.
I showed the comment about Gerald's purchase for you to Tim..... not much response.... maybe a purchase in the future??? One can always hope. It is our ann. soon..... (to those that think that I am not upholding my husband's reputation... gift giving is his lowest love language and it is one of my highest ones :)
Cindy
Cindy,
Yes, I'm a dunce when it comes to book keeping. I know it.
Gerald's been listening to James McDonald - I think a series about romance. :) I think the lectures are available on-line. (That's a hint for you, Tim.)
Since you understand the gift-giving language you'll be pleased to know that there is a little parcel in the mail with your name on it. :)
Thank you so much!! Now, to have to wait for the mail :))
I think we have that series on Romance on tape. He has been listening to a series by Vision Forum on My Son, Give me your heart. Very good.
Cindy
Post a Comment