...creation is transformed.
What a refreshing abundance of new life there is to enjoy all around us. The grass is growing and across the bush appears a soft green hue. Every year we wait expectantly, exclaiming over every new sign that spring is here. A few days of rainy weather keep us inside, and when we head outdoors again we find that spring is suddenly here in full force and we almost missed its coming. We are reminded of God's faithfulness. He promised:
"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease."
Genesis 8:22
Sometimes I'm tempted to wish that we lived in a place where we did not have changing seasons. Life would be so much simpler. For instance, I would not have had to spend the last week washing and putting away winter outerwear or go through all the kids' clothes to prepare for the warmer weather. We could reduce our wardrobes considerably. But think what we would miss!
I'm thankful for the changing seasons and the beauty that God designed for each one.
Just think, we have many months to savour this.







1 comment:
Of course, we are not as far into spring as you are... but I am always encouraged to see pictures from milder areas. It will eventually blossom here, too. :)
Post a Comment