Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thomas Turns Three

Yesterday we celebated Thomas' third birthday.  Gerald and I went out for breakfast with him. He was so impressed to be in a restaurant.  I think he'd only been in one once before, but that was when he was a baby so he wouldn't have remembered that.  And to be out with just Mom and Dad...pretty special when you are the ninth.  Afterward I asked him if he liked going out with us and he said, "Yeah, 'cause I LIKE you guys." :)
Of course, we got to thinking of the day he was born.  Our first thought had been, "Another boy?  Wow, that's amazing."  Then we noticed his eyes.  He was just looking at us with those huge eyes.  Newborns often just take blinky little peeks out of swollen eyes. Not this guy.  His eyes were wide open, soaking in all the new visual information.  They've been soaking it all in ever since.






He'd been looking forward to this day for weeks, making lists and announcements about what he wanted for gifts, for snacks, for supper...  He didn't get all he had thought of asking for, but I don't think he noticed. :)  He enjoyed his day to the fullest.

Playing at the park in his ever-present Levi T-shirt...


And today is the start of a new month...time to turn the page of the calendar and look at all those squares that will undoubtedly fill up only too quickly.  We're planning to take our spring break next week and I'd like to put some plans together so that we make time to do a few special things.

Happy April!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! Looks like you had a fun day! See you tomorrow!

Sarah by the Sea said...

Happy birthday, Thomas!! :)

Vanderpolclan said...

Happy birthday little man!! Oh yes, those eyes. I remember that that was one of the first things you said to me when he was born - he has HUGE eyes that just wanted to look and look at us!!

He is really changing and growing up !!

Cindy

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Thomas!! Those eyes remind me of James, same shape, same colour, same intensity.

If I'm correct that one time you went out for supper would have been to Swiss Chalet in Toronto after spending the day at SickKids ... unless that doesn't count since I'm not sure if you were eating solids at that time. You would have been around 6.5 months.