Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello...

Another busy week has flown by.  It was a good, productive week.  I feel somewhat organized and on top of things and I like it.  But more on that in another post some other time.

Yesterday we were given a box of freshly picked grapes and today we turned them into juice.  It was really easy to do.  We just washed and mashed the grapes up, put some in each jar, then filled the jars up with light syrup and finally processed them in the canner for 25 minutes.   Now we have to wait until Christmas to sample them.  If they taste as good as they look they'll be delicious!


I really don't have time to say more since it's already past my bedtime (I've been a little obsessive about getting to bed on time lately :) but I just wanted to send you over to Justine's blog to read this post.  I encouraged her to share a journal entry there.  It was too good to keep to ourselves. :)

Blessings,

2 comments:

jennstar said...

That juice sounds easy - I would like to try that.
Jenny

Amanda said...

I made the same juice, my recipe says 6 weeks. I love how the colour bleeds down from the grapes.