It was our intention to get back into school work on Monday, but when friends called to say they were planning to come down for the day, we changed our plans and enjoyed some time together. It was a wonderfully hot day so the pool got lots of use. Between swims the kids crammed in as many other activities as they could. Here they are making a movie...
How do you like the boys' guns? Plastic gardening tools work pretty well with a little imagination.
I don't think people normally giggle when they are being taken captive. ;)
On Tuesday we settled down to some book work.
It's been a week of working out the wrinkles in the schedule. No matter how much thought and planning I put into it, there are always adjustments to be made.
With Justine away at camp and Allison working with Gerald, we've been a little short staffed. They both have an assigned time when they have to take care of Nadia. At 18 months, she can be a bit of a handful.
I'm so thankful for washable markers. :)
All in all I think we've gotten off to a good start. And next week, when everyone is back, we'll be in full swing.
Hope you've had a good week, too.





2 comments:
We are so glad we came when we did !! It is hard to believe it was very hot just last week Monday! I have not seen the movie yet.... I wonder what they came up with this time.
Cindy
Sounds like you had a wonderful week! I love the photos of the giggling captives.:)
Our first day went well, too. Much better than I had expected, in fact. By 9AM I had the weekly to do lists printed out for all who needed them, and that was just wonderful.
These older kids just have so much going on, don't they? Our oldest is away for two whole months! I'm grateful for email.
We got your girls' mail today. A neighbor picked it up in his field since it had blown out of the mailbox. How that happened is a mystery to me!
Annie Kate
Post a Comment