To the garage...
And eventually into here...
Is it worth the work, the trouble, the mess and the dust? Sometimes I wonder. But there's something to be said for having real, meaningful, physical work for the kids to do. And a warm and cozy livingroom is really quite nice.
Here, too, I sometimes wonder...
Although not a lot of work on a daily basis, I have to wonder if they're really earning their keep. But when we have to buy 'store eggs' we gain an appreciation for large, fresh eggs from our own chickens.
Some things can't be measured simply in terms of economics and convenience. :)






2 comments:
Hi~
I popped over from 'At the Rose Cottage'. I love the fire wood stacking photos. I wish we needed fire wood as I love a good roaring fire to keep warm by. But as you said, even better, is the hard work that comes along with it~
~Cinnamon
Carmen - we heat with wood in the winter too (most of the time) and whenever we have gotten frusterated with the mess, we remember that it is providing great work for the kids!
We just have a tiny lot here, so no room for chickens. But if we did have room, I think it would be the same as the firewood. I think you are right - somethings cannot be measured in terms of economics or convenience. :)
Post a Comment