Thomas is learning his colours and has most of them down pat. His favourite of all is pink. For his birthday he wants a pink sleeping bag and a pink cow. (He won't be getting a pink sleeping bag and I have doubts that we would be able to find a pink cow.) When he switched markers while colouring this morning, I thought we might see a different colour choice coming out, but he just went from the wide-tipped pink marker to the fine-tipped pink marker.
The other day when he was at a friend's house he commented on their red grain buggy. Then he noted that it was almost pink. (The paint was faded. :)
Now what is he up to?
Are those innocent looking eyes to be trusted?
He discovered that from the kitchen counter he could reach through the opening to the fruit basket in the dining room...
Yum!
********
Helping Brent with his math lesson the other day, I thought we'd review what a dozen was before he started on some problems dealing with it. He knows what a dozen means, and must have thought I was getting at something beyond the simple idea of 1 dozen=12. I asked him, "If you had a dozen months, how many months would you have?" He replied, "You'd have one year." I said, "You're right. But OK then, if you had a dozen eggs, how many eggs would you have?" He thought about that and said, "A full carton. " :)





No comments:
Post a Comment