It seems we don't have a choice...there will be critters around here. For several years we had a dog and plenty of cats. Now without them, the wildlife is moving in. Taking over, actually. We're getting overrun with rabbits.
Cute, huh? I think so. But as I was working in the garden this morning I noticed some of my pea plants look a little trimmed down. Are the rabbits at fault? Perhaps, though so far we haven't seen them in the garden. And surprisingly the lettuce and spinach look untouched.
I think he's sort of distinguished looking. I'm wondering if he still exists, though, because shortly after this shot I went back to check on him and he was nowhere to be seen. But I heard the sound of a snake slithering through the tall plants in the flower bed. Well, I hope Mr. Toad escaped. But if he did, he's still in dangerous territory. Our property seems to have a lot of snakes, too. I always have to rustle my hoe through the plants to scare them off before I get to work in the flower beds. I do like snakes, and they could be the reason why we haven't seen any mice. But I'd rather they were out of the way before sticking my hand down to pick the weeds.
In a few weeks we will be getting 45 chicks; 20 meat birds and 25 laying hens. We haven't quite figured out where to put them all yet. I can't wait to see what Nadia will think of the peeping little fluff balls. Should be fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment