Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday-Monday

Yesterday was Friday-Monday!  It's an annual event in our home.  I can't remember how many years ago it started, but it was on a Friday when Brent insisted that it was Monday.  So we decided it should be Friday-Monday.  When asked what Friday-Monday was about Brent told us it was for eating cookies. So that's what we did. :)  Cookies are not an everyday occurance, so it made that day special.  Ever since we have set aside the first Friday in May as Friday-Monday Cookie Day.  Allison made up a double batch of gingersnaps.  They were perfectly yummy - crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, with just the right amount of spices.  Mmmm.  You can find the recipe on Jenny's gluten-free recipe blog. (Right click on the link and open in a new tab if you want to come back to this post.)


And ~oh my~ check out the URL of this post. Oops. The first time I posted it without a title so it just used the first few words to make the code.  Just a reminder that taking words out of their context can really change the meaning. :)

5 comments:

Ben & Heather said...

Haha! I laughed outloud when I read the URL. tsk tsk... what will the elders say? Hehe!

Anonymous said...

Great picture! She reminds me of Anne of Green Gables :0)

jennstar said...

You never cease to surprise me, Carmen! (in regards to the URL!) :D
I totally agree with Jannyne - that picture is fantastic! Could I use that one for the ginger cookie recipe post? That would make it so special!
I am so glad the recipe turned out for you - sometimes I wonder if they work for anyone else???
I will have to tell the kids about your "Friday-Monday". :) Very cute.
Jenny

Carmen said...

Jenny,
This recipe always works well for us. So, thank you!!
I asked Emily if she minded if you used her picture and she said, "I don't care." But she had a huge, very pleased smile on her face. :) So, that's a yes.

jennstar said...

Thank You, Carmen (and Emily)! BTW, I had forgotten that you had an Emily - When I got confused, I would check your children's names down your sidebar. I'm afraid I am still forgetful. ;)
Jenny