Usually our evening walk is just for the two of us but occasionally we take Nadia along to give the kids a break from chasing after her. She really was happy about coming along because she loves being outside. I don't know what that expression was about...
The evening was warmer than I expected so I took her sweatshirt off. She thought I was going to take her out of the carrier. She likes it in there, but she likes me more.
On the way back a few of the kids came out to meet us...
Back home, but still racing around...
I love seeing and hearing the kids outside in the evenings. It just feels and sounds like summer. The nice thing about now is that there aren't any mosquitoes out yet. A few nights ago some of the kids slept outside...a few in the tent, and the others under the stars, which in the summer wouldn't be possible because of those buzzing pests. At 2:30 Gavin started crying, which woke up the rooster, who then started crowing. It was so odd and funny to hear him crowing in the night! After a few minutes all was well again until around 5:30 when it started to rain. Some took cover in the tent and the others came inside and finished the night in their beds. The tent is occupied again tonight and hopefully it will go more smoothly this time.
Ahh...spring. We're loving it. :)
2 comments:
We are enjoying this beautiful spring, too. It has been so warm here and we've taken advantage of every second of it.
These pictures remind me so much of my childhood!
Oh and I like your new profile picture!
Post a Comment