Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Follow-up on the Poll

Thank you to all who participated in the poll! Results were as follows: 53% said he looked Amish, 46% said he looked Abe-ish, 31% voted to keep it, while 61% said to shave it. If we include our kids' opinions, the 'keep it' side won. At any rate, the beard is still on - if one can still call it a beard. It has been *slightly* reduced. Most of the kids wanted it left on, though not as a full beard, which was what he had started with. I think he's handsome any way, but I'm with Warren when he said, "It's nicer without hair around the kisser."

I have learned a few important things in the last day or so and I'm writing them down for future reference:


1. Do not offer to trim the edges of a man's beard unless you really mean it.

2. Do not carry out said offer (sincere or otherwise) unless you know what you are doing. Note - skills learned from shaving one's legs do not necessarily carry over to shaving a man's face. The instruments may be similar, but the technique is NOT the same.

3. Be sure you know exactly what he has in mind.

4. Do not perform this job in a hurry, as in, when you have to be showered, dressed, and have the whole family out the door within 30 minutes.

5. Do not say "Oh no" or "Uh-oh" while you are still working. That is too much excitement, even for a normally calm, laid-back guy.

Yes, our marriage is still intact. :) He even acknowledged that I did a pretty good job, although I'd never make it as a barber.

Sorry, no pics yet. We're still perfecting the look. I'm not sure how far his good-sportsmanship will go, but hopefully I can get him to pose in the next day or so.

No comments: