Last night the power went out. In the morning Gerald got ready for work, loaded the woodstove up, closed all the bedroom blinds and told me that we should just stay in bed for a while. And, well, I did vow to obey my husband, so what choice did I have? The house was very quiet with nothing running. Funny, you don't notice those little noises when they're there, but when they're all off it suddenly feels very still. The only sound I could hear was Nadia's early morning groaning from behind her fingers. But since the baby monitor was no longer working, it was a distant noise that could easily be ignored, at least for a while.
We got a late start at our work, and since we had to have an early lunch to get to band practice by 1:00, it was a very short morning. But before you call CAS or the local school board to report us, I'll show you that we really did hit the books for a while:

You know your son is relying more on the pictures than phonics when he's reading like this: h-h-h e-e n-n-n, chicken!
I love Bob Books. We picked them up at Costco super-cheap, but I'd almost be willing to pay regular price for them. They are not your typical Dick and Jane. The stories are quirky and the pictures, though simple, are hilarious. See what I mean?



Aren't they just too funny? It doesn't matter how often I have to work through them with a beginner, I always have to laugh.
1 comment:
I love the book! It is not often you get one like that in either content or interest! What a find!
Hope you are keeping warm and enjoying all the cozy feelings of winter.
Jenny
Post a Comment