Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holidays

We're taking a break from our regular routines. I've been busy getting our year-end letter and family picture out, some extra cleaning done, and today I actually went grocery shopping. I'm spoiled in that Gerald often picks up groceries after work so I rarely have to go out just for that. When I left this morning the girls were listening to a Little House on the Prairie CD while cozily working on some projects.


Allison was finishing up a doily:


This is a doll that Meghan made for Emily. Emily spent some time at the sewing machine to outfit her:



Meghan made this doll for herself, along with a few outfits:





She even made hoops for under the fancy dress...





Leah took a turn at the machine to make some doll clothes, too:




One of my childhood memories of Christmas holidays is working on a puzzle together. We've made this a tradition in our home, too. This morning I found a Charles Wysocki puzzle with 300 pieces. I thought this would be perfect for the younger ones who find the usual 1000 piece puzzle too daunting.


But apparently it wasn't difficult enough because they finished it already!






We hope that you will be able to spend some relaxing days with the special people in your life over the holidays, making memories and enjoying each other's company. :)

2 comments:

Vanderpolclan said...

Great job girls. I really like your doily Allison. Nice job on the dolls girls. I like your hair cut Leah. It looks like you all had fun doing the puzzle together.

Mrs. Vanderpol

Anonymous said...

Great blog Carmen--don't know where you find the time to do it!

We usually do puzzles on the holidays too, although this year, we've got one started and can't seem to get working on it--maybe this week!

Trudy