No, not Nadia. They say time flies when you're having fun but it's not going THAT fast. No matter how many more little girls God has planned for us, we'll always think of Emily as our baby girl. Possibly because she was that for more than 9 years. More likely because she's just so cute. If you think she's a quiet, shy girl then you don't really know our Em. She's always either happy or mad, and passionately so. She can flip between the two in a split second. It's quite a ride she's on and I've learned that I can enjoy her more if I don't hop on with her. :) But we wouldn't want her any other way. As Justine told her today, "Emmy, just keep being you. We like you just the way you are."
One of her gifts was a disposable camera, to take pictures of her birthday. She intended to save a few for later this week when company comes, but I think all but one is used up. That one's saved for tomorrow because it's another special day. She had a day off from her school work so she spent some time writing thank-you letters. She's concentrating really hard, can you tell?

We used to allow everyone to have the day off when it was a birthday, but with 12 people that adds up to almost 2 1/2 weeks off. Now only the birthday boy/girl has a holiday. Brent's hard at work, though he looks pretty relaxed, don't you think?

A little later, the same counter is being used for a science experiment. Gavin had his face right in there...

..until he picked up Emily's little mirror. Then he was more interested in seeing his face...


It
is a rather cute one.
To everyone's joy, we got some snow today. I know our up-north friends will laugh at us getting excited about a dusting, but that's how it is here down in the south.
The optimism of youth...

Already melting. :(

This little bit of snow could not keep the chickens in their coop, although they do not like to walk in snow. Maybe keeping one foot up will help...
OK, enough for today. I'll be back soon because the celebrations aren't over yet...
4 comments:
Lots of parties in your household!
My boys were just as excited about the snow today. They didn't take the toboggan out today, but Garrett did try it on the frost the other day. That didn't work so well, but he tried hard!
Happy Birthday Emily!
I laughed when I saw the pictures with kids on the counter and table. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to keep mine off.
I'll have to try the recipe you posted earlier.
Barbara
Happy birthday Emily!!! Wishing you a great day! (Yes, I know we are a day late, but better late than never:) I won't say greetings to the other person. I'll wait for the post :) Enjoy your dusting!!! Yes, we are chuckling at you.
Cindy
A belated Happy Birthday to your Emily!
I enjoyed your pictures so much - they are lovely! I chuckled at Gavin on the counter - we have some like that who just have to be on and in what every they are doing!
Enjoy the snow! :)
Post a Comment