Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Playing in the Creek

We had such beautiful weather yesterday. I knew the mild weather wouldn't last long so for once I ignored the work that was on the to-do list and went outdoors, toting Nadia along. Whenever I get out and look back at the house, it amazes me that I can spend most of my time fully occupied within it. It looks small and deceptively insignificant compared to the space around it and the big, wide world. But it is meaningful because God places a high value on the work done there and it pleases Him when it is done to His glory.

Our meandering led us down to the creek, and soon everyone else followed.

Water is so attractive to kids. They just have to get in it and slosh around. Amazingly, no one fell in or got terribly muddy.

Getting right in is a good way to test your boots for holes...and Meghan found one. :(

Even the big girls couldn't resist:)

Nadia didn't get to go in, but she didn't know what she was missing. She just enjoyed being outside with us. That one hour outside together was just what we needed.

No comments: