Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One of those days...

No pictures for this post. I did not have a good day yesterday. Yes, that happens here too. :( I'll spare you the details. But I want to share something, because I know that I'm not the only one who has these days now and again. The sermon we heard on Sunday morning came to mind often yesterday. I can't quote it exactly, but in my notes I wrote this: "Rather than listen to ourselves (our feelings/doubts) we must talk to ourselves of God's Word. We must not rely on our own thoughts and feelings but on what we know is true (God's Word.)" Isn't that right? I know that on days when I am feeling discouraged I end up looking at things from the wrong perspective. But when I look to God's Word, I am reminded of what He calls me to do and that He is my rock and my refuge. God uses our 'bad' days to show us that we need Him, that we cannot go on our own strength. I am not a perfect mom, but still He has called me to be the mother of my ten. This is where He wants me to be. This is where I must serve Him. And in serving Him I can find peace, contentment and happiness.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

It's all about perspective, isn't it?

Thanks for posting this-it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has those days.

Hope today is a better one. :)

Vanderpolclan said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day :(. Praying today is brighter. Thanks for including your notes on the sermon. Very good food for thought.

Cindy